Zehfuss K-9 Training Center of Lawton, Oklahoma offers professional dog training classes that specialize in Personal Protection. Personal Protection dog training classes are for dog owners that are looking for a security trained dog. Please note, our Personal Protection program is an advanced security course. During this program, your dog will be trained to guard a building and/or perimeter. In addition, your dog will learn the following:
- increase suspicion
- bark and alert
- build confidence
- bring out potential toughness
- trigger to situations and commands
- exercise necessary control
- Sleeve Work: Sleeve Work teaches a dog to bite a sleeve (which simulates an intruder). During this training, Matthias, our Certified Dog Behaviorist, will wear a sleeve on his arm. The dog will be taught to exercise necessary control by biting the sleeve. Please note, dogs are taught how to bite; however this course does not teach dogs to recklessly harm opponents.
Each class is privately taught by Matthias Zehfuss, Certified Dog Behaviorist and Professional Dog Trainer. You can your dog will receive personal, one-on-one attention.
Eight 40-minute classes (one class per week)
Before enrolling in our Home Alert Protection dog training course, Matthias Zehfuss, our Certified Dog Behaviorist, will verify the following:
- The dog has completed the Basic Obedience course.
- The dog has completed our the Off-leash Obedience course.
- The dog has passed a Temperament Test. The temperament test verifies that the dog has a stable temperament. A dog’s temperament is measured by the physical and mental reactions due to changes within the dog’s environment.